12 Şubat 2013 Salı

White Chocolate Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies

To contact us Click HERE

Have you seen the plethora of pudding cookies and cake mix cookies all over the blogosphere?  They're everywhere!  In all kinds of flavors and combinations.  So, with all this inspiration out-and-about, can you believe I'd never made cake mix or pudding cookies?  Until now.

After seeing version after version after version of these cookies, the other night I decided I needed to give 'em a go.  So I set about experimenting with four different versions of my own ...

Oh, how I love to experiment in the kitchen.

Inspired by Taste & Tell's Banana Split Cake Mix Cookies, I combined both cake mix and pudding into my cookie experiments.  Crazy for my first attempt, huh?

Now, I knew I wanted to make some cookies that were Valentine-inspired ... and decided that funfetti, with Valentine sprinkles would be, ... well, ... fun.  So I grabbed a white cake mix as my funfetti base.  Then I chose a strawberry cake mix to see if I could create a pink cake mix cookie for Valentines ... I was thinking strawberry with chocolate chunks ... kinda like a chocolate-covered strawberry.



So, what were the results of my cake mix cookie experiments, you ask?

You've probably guessed by the photos and title of this post that I was successful with one version of my funfetti trial ... yes, these White Chocolate Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies passed the test.

My other three ... not so much.  I also tried the white chocolate version with cinnamon red hots in them.  Flavor was fine ... but the red hots were problematic.  I was thinking they would melt in the cookie as they baked.  Ummmm.  They don't.  And let's just say that I don't want any of us to have to make a trip to our dentist because of a cookie.

As for the strawberry ones?  I just wasn't a fan of the way mine came out.  Not to say that I've given up on the concept of a chocolate-covered strawberry cookie ... I just don't think it will be a chocolate-covered strawberry cake mix cookie.  I'll be going back to the experimental test kitchen on that one.

Curious about other variations of cake mix and pudding cookies?  Here's a small sampling from some of my bloggy friends.  Looks like you can have a lot of creative fun with this easy and versatile cookie!

Cake Mix Cookies (the general method) from Chocolate Chocolate and More
Banana Split Cake Mix Cookies from Taste & Tell
Strawberry & White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies from Mom on Timeout (she did hers differently than my strawberry experiment)
Cake Mix Sugar Cookies from Crazy for Crust
Peppermint Mocha Pudding Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
Almond Joy Pudding Cookies from Crazy for Crust
Pistachio Pudding Cookies from Shugary Sweets

I invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, PinterestFacebookGoogle Friend Connectbloglovin', or Feedburner. Buttons are in the right sidebar. I'd love to have you back soon!



White Chocolate Funfetti Cake Mix CookiesSource:  Inspired by Taste & Tell's Banana Split Cake Mix Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 (16.25 oz.) box white cake mix
  • 1 (3.3 oz.) package Jell-o White Chocolate instant pudding mix
  • 1/2 c. canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
  • 4 T. sprinkles
Directions
  1. In a bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, oil and eggs. Stir in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
  2. Form the dough into balls just larger than a walnut and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!
This post is linked with Your Creative Timeout PartyThursday's TreasuresFull Plate Thursday, Chic & Crafty Party!, Iron Chef Mom - White Chocolate, Weekend PotluckFoodie FridayI'm Lovin' ItKitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Show & TellSundae ScoopNifty Thrifty SundayThink Pink SundaySunday Linky Party with Petite Hermine, Taste & Tell Thursday, Make the Scene Monday, Marvelous Mondays, On the Menu Monday, Sunday Showcase Party, Mangia Mondays, Cowgirl Up!, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, Two Cup Tuesday.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder