17 Şubat 2013 Pazar

20 Party Food Favorites {Playground Round-Up}

To contact us Click HERE

It's Playground Round-Up time! ... where I highlight treats from the blog related to a particular theme or ingredient.  So, what's this Round-Up's theme you ask?  Party foods!

'Cause isn't there a big football game coming up or something?  Yeh.  I think maybe there is.

And we all know we love to enjoy our party foods with our football.

So here are 19 party favorites from the Kitchen is My Playground archives and ...

one I want to try from my bloggy friend Mom on Timeout.  Be sure to look for 'Tracey's top pick' (that's me!), 'Mark's top pick' (that's my hubby!), and the 'Readers' Pick by Clicks' (that's you!) noted in the Round-Up list. 

Enjoy the Round-Up!  (And your party!)

1.  Baked Jalapeno Poppers ... Mark's Top PickThese jalapeno poppers are the perfect party-time snack for the man who says for every food ... "It needs more jalapeno."  (Yup, that would be my hubby.)  And since they're baked, you get all the great jalapeno popper taste without the deep-fried guilt.  Score!


2.  7-Layer Greek DipCould it be?  Do my eyes deceive me?  A healthy dip??  Yes!  Layers of cucumber- and feta-laced Greek yogurt, hummus, kalamata olives, artichokes, and fresh tomatoes add up to one delicious dip that's lighter on the calorie-intake side.


3.  Boursin-Style Cheese SpreadA prepare-at-home version of the traditional herbed cheese spread.  So simple ... and soooooo good.


4.  Hot Corn DipI love creamy, hot dips!  And this one is one of my absolute favorites.  In fact, it was in heavy consideration for this Round-Up's Tracey's Top Pick.  And believe me, capitalizing on the convenience of canned corn, this scrumptious dip truly couldn't get any easier.


5.  Carolina CaviarAlso known as Texas Caviar ... or Redneck Caviar ... but whatever you call it, it's just plain good.  Serve it up with crusty baguette slices, crackers, or tortilla chips for a tasty lower-calorie party treat.


6.  Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip
This is another one that was in heavy consideration for this Round-Up's Tracey's Top Pick.  I do believe this is my favorite fruit dip ever.  It's light and fluffy and super delicious.  Oh, and it's got booze.  Yum.



7.  Marinated Cheese ... Tracey's Top Pick!
It was a tight race for Tracey's Top Pick, as sooooo many of these party foods are absolute favorites of mine ... but Marinated Cheese is my absolute, absolute favorite!  I love it not only because it tastes so wonderful, but because it's also beautiful.  I just love all the colors ... and it really looks pretty on a party platter.



8.  Mixed Olive Tapenade
Until I made this mixed olive tapenade, I didn't realize how easy it is to make your own tapenade at home.  Olives, a handful of other ingredients, and a quick whirl in a food processor is all it takes.  And it tastes wayyyyyy better than the jarred stuff you buy at the store.



9.  Warm Rosemary Olives
A friend of mine described these olives as something in which "the whole is way more than the sum of the parts." Somehow, simply popping olives in the oven with two other ingredients ... fresh rosemary and crushed red pepper ... creates something simply fabulous.  Away from the oven?  No worries ... just pop these on the grill or warm them over the campfire!  (Seriously, I've done both.)



10.  Hot Onion Souffle Dip
Another hot, creamy dip that's always, always, always, always, always a hit.



11.  Classic Pimento Cheese
As finger sandwiches or with crackers.  {If you're from the South, 'nuff said.  Right, y'all?}



12.  Spinach Balls ... Readers' Pick by Clicks!
I have to commend you all on your great taste ... these little bites are totally fabulous.  And they're freezer-friendly to make ahead, too.  Bonus!



13.  Blue Cheese Dressing {or Dip}
Whip some up to go with those Buffalo wings you've got planned!  This is seriously the best blue cheese dressing/dip I've ever had.  After getting this recipe from a friend, it's the only blue cheese I want.



14.  Sweet Potato Hummus
Such a tasty twist on traditional hummus.  Don't be scared ... it's not like eating a big ol' scoop of mashed sweet potatoes on a pita chip.  I promise.



15.  Antipasto Platter with Grape Tomato & Caper SaladAaahhhhh, the antipasto platter.  One of my favorite go-to party foods.  Assemble your favorites, serve some sliced baguette or other crusty bakery bread alongside, and you've got one easy party feast on your hands.


16.  Crescent Sausage BitesSuper simple, super delicious 3-ingredient crescent sausage bites are another go-to party staple for me.  And they're always a huge hit, especially with the guys.


17.  Tabouli
Most people don't think of tabouli as a party food ... but I love to serve it with pita points or pita chips as another healthy party alternative.



18.  Chai-Spiced Mixed Nuts
The spice combination that makes up traditional chai is one of my favorite flavors.  And the flavor combination does not disappoint with these flavorful mixed nuts.



19.  Pico de Gallo 
A classic.  Who doesn't love chips and fresh salsa?


And one I want to try from Mom on Timeout ...




20.  Fried Ravioli
I'm drooling!  Love the look of the panko-breaded crust ...



This post is linked with I'm Lovin' It!, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Wrap Up PartyStrut Your Stuff SaturdaySaturday Show & Tell, Finding the Pretty & DeliciousSundae ScoopNifty Thrifty SundayThink Pink SundaySunday Linky Party at Petite Hermine, Marvelous MondaysOn the Menu MondayMake the Scene MondayRecipe Sharing Monday, Cowgirl Up!, Tutorials & Tips Link PartyTuesday Talent Show, Lil' Luna Link PartyTrick or Treat Tuesday, Thursday's TreasuresYour Creative Timeout Party, Full Plate Thursday, Taste & Tell Thursday, Pin Me.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder