11 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Eye Twitching: What's up with that?

To contact us Click HERE
Have you heard the "Old Wives Tale" about why our eyes twitch? It is thought that if your right eye twitches that there will soon be a birth in the family and if your left eye twitches that there will be a death in the family. 

My left eye has been really aggravating me over the last several days with all the twitching. I asked my Mom about it and she has another superstition about it, she thinks that if your right eye twitches that you will be made mad and if your left eye twitches that you will soon be made happy. 

I'm not one for believing in superstitions or "old wives tales".  So, I wanted to find out the real reason that my eye keeps twitching. Here's what I found. 

According to WebMD eye twitching, or spasms of the eyelid, can be caused by fatigue, lack of sleep, stress and/or caffeine. Eye twitching can be a sign of eye conditions like dry eyes, light sensitivity or pink eye. It can even be a side effect of certain medicines. The good news is that more serious forms are relatively uncommon. 


In most cases, a minor eyelid twitch will disappear on it's own if you get enough rest, sleep or by reducing your caffeine intake. If dry eyes are the cause, some over-the-counter artificial tears can help. However, if the problem persists or gets worse, it is recommended that you see your doctor or eye care professional. 

I think in my case, it is just the effects of being a busy wife and mom to an active 4 year old. So, I guess I will have to learn to live with the occasional twitching eyelid. Oh, well, just another joy of being a wife and mom. 




Pin It Now!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder